Monday, December 29, 2008

Apartment in Abdoun

So yesterday my buddy John and I signed a three month lease on a two bedroom apartment in Abdoun. As mentioned in my previous post, Abdoun is considered the cleanest, most upscale, and westernized district in Amman. John and I looked at a couple apartments in Sports City (close to Qasid), but ultimately decided that it would be advantageous to live elsewhere in Amman.

The apartment is situated on the top floor of a five story building, and features a nice wrap around balcony which will be great come Spring time (pictures to follow). The complex is about a five minute cab ride to Abdoun Circle, where one can find the upscale Abdoun Mall, as well as some of the nicer restaurants and cafes in the city.

Tonite I plan to pack up all my things, with hopes that we can move tomorrow afternoon. It'll be a shame to say 'goodbye' to the staff at Shuqaq al-Nabhan. The staff has grown pretty fond of me ("Mr. Geoff") in the last week and a half.

2 comments:

  1. The new apartment sounds exciting - I can't wait to hear more after you get settled in! Hope your kitchen is equipped so you can cook. :) (ha-ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the move. Shoot out your mailing address when you get a chance. Bet you can't find a pretzel anywhere in Jordan... Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete